Berry Charlotte Cheesecake!
Created by Hidemi Walsh Plainfield, NJ!
The Winning Story:
May is our wedding anniversary! I make something sweets to celebrate our anniversary every year. Have to use strawberries because both of us love strawberries and also strawberries make very pretty, romantic and sexy desert which is perfect for this occasion! I could have bought lady finger cookies at store but since this is for the special occasion, everything had to be homemade!! Took lots of time (for me) but the taste is soooooooo good that 6 inch cake was just for two!
The Winning Recipe:
2 Large Eggs Yolks
2 Large Egg Whites
1 tbsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
8 tablespoons Sugar, divided
5 and 1/2 tablespoons All-purpose flour
8 oz Cream Cheese
2/3 tablespoon Unflavored Gelatin
2 tablespoons Water
1 cup Milk
2 tablespoons Strawberry Jam
1 cup Whipped Cream (Cool whip)
12-15 Fresh Strawberries, cut into 3-4
10-12 Fresh Blueberries
1. In a medium microwave-safe bowl, combine gelatin and 2 tablespoons of water. Stir and set aside.
2. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheet with parchment paper
3. Make lady finger cookies.. In a bowl, whip egg whites until stiff peaks are just about to form. Add 4 tablespoons sugar and whip until stiff peaks form. Then add egg yolks and mix well. Add flour and mix gently until well blended. Put the batter into the pastry bag and pipe the batter into 3 inch long ladyfingers, using the lines drawn on the parchment paper as your guide. Pipe the batter leaving about 1 inch space between the cookies and bake for 10-12minutes. Let cool on a wire rack.
4. While the lady finger cookies are baking, make filling. Pour milk in a microwave-safe cup and microwave on high for 45-60 seconds to warm up and pour into the gelatin bowl. Stir well until gelatin is dissolved. Then strain through a fine sieve. Return to the bowl and microwave on high for about 30 seconds and stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
5. In another bowl, beat cream cheese and whisk in 4 tablespoons sugar and strawberry jam. Then whisk in whipped cream and gelatin.
6. When the lady finger cookies have cooled, assemble cake. Place ladyfinger cookies along the side of 6 inch round cake pan. Pour the filling into the pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until set.
7. Remove the charlotte cheesecake from the cake pan and tie it with ribbon (make sure the ribbon is clean). Put strawberries and blueberries on top.