Mother’s Day Monkey Bread!
Created by Juliana Palmcook of Wausau, WI!
The night before Mother’s Day all through my house-not a child was stirring not even the dog. Visions of cherries tossed in Rodelle’s cocoa ran through my head. What am I to serve my beautiful mother in bed? I scurried out my notebook and ran down the stairs. I sneaked out the house and at the grocery store I met; cherries, vanilla and cocoa and hazelnut spread. I drove all back home and saw that my husband’s mother was sleeping and nobody was a peeping. I took my notebook and viewed it again with this following recipe ahead. I was sure to know that this monkey-bread with cherries inside the middle are twirled in cocoa, cinnamon and brown sugar – that I will definitely make this treat again. In the morning when all is said and done, mom will wake up to a pleasant surprise-the sun will be shining, the flowers will be in full bloom. But, first she must try this first thing sunrise- all in high hopes of winning the stand-mixer ! (she has been wishing for that more than a year) Oh dear! It would be one less worry headed our way, and oh-I better hurry and bake in time for her day. Our bond between each other cannot be torn apart, we can cherish the memory by our family breaking Mother’s Day Monkey Bread together at last.
(P.S. I dedicate this contest entry to Rosemary my mother-in-law with great love. When I think spring I think of Mother’s Day and all of the wonderful moms who taught us the basics in cooking and baking. I especially think of my mother-in-law as she encourages me so much and truly deserves and needs this prize)
Thank You for hosting, Mrs. Juliana Palmcook!
This Delicious Recipe:
Cherry Cordial Monkey Bread
½ cup sugar
1 tbsp cinnamon
1/3 cup Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
4 -7.5 oz tubes of refrigerated biscuits (each biscuit cut in half)
1 jar of maraschino cherries ( ½ of the cherries cut in half)
½ cup butter (melted)
½ cup brown sugar
1 tsp Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
1/3 cup shortening
½ cup butter (softened)
1/3 cup hazelnut spread
1 ½ lbs powdered sugar
3 tbsp milk
cake gels and sprays
1. Coat a medium-sized bundt pan with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, mix sugar, cinnamon and Rodelle baking cocoa. Set aside.
3. Cut all biscuits in half and wrap them around a half of a cherry. Roll into little balls of dough.
4. Coat with cocoa mixture and place the dough balls in the pan.
5. Melt butter and mix with brown sugar. Pour butter mixture over the dough balls.
6. Bake for 35-40 minutes.
7. Let cool 5 minutes and flip upside down onto a plate.
8. In another large bowl beat; Rodelle Vanilla Extract, shortening, butter and hazelnut spread. Slowly add in powdered sugar and milk until smooth.
9. Let monkey bread cool completely before frosting.
10. Decorate as you wish.