Our Prime Rib Seasoning is a favorite for many reasons:
- gourmet flavor
- versatile enough to be used on pork, beef – even hamburgers
- distinct and beautiful appearance
- perfect complement to protein
We’ve spent a lot of time perfecting our recipe for the Prime Rib Seasoning to be everything you want on your holiday prime rib, and we’ve also trialed many recipes to ensure the best application and flavor for that traditional roast.
Prime Rib Roast
4-6 lb. boneless rib roast
4 Tbsp. unsalted butter per pound of meat, room temperature
2 Tbsp. Rodelle Prime Rib Seasoning per pound of meat
- Preheat oven to 450ᵒF and prepare a roasting pan with a rack. Tip: For easy clean up, add a layer of foil underneath the rack.
- In a small bowl combine butter and Rodelle Prime Rib Seasoning.
- Rub butter mixture all over the roast and then place in prepared pan.
- Roast for 10 minutes per pound of meat for medium rare.
- Without opening the oven, reduce heat to 250ᵒF. Continue to bake for 1-2 hours or until a calibrated food thermometer inserted into the thickest part of the meat reaches 130ᵒF for medium rare or 140ᵒF for medium. This is where a wireless or oven-safe thermometer really comes in handy!!
- Remove from oven and let rest at least 15 minutes before slicing.
If you want to try another recipe with our Prime Rib Seasoning, we encourage you to try these:
- Prime Rib with Yorkshire Pudding: a classic recipe pairing and a really effective use for those delicious pan drippings from your perfectly seasoned Prime Rib Roast! Check out our helpful video here!
- Crispy Smashed Home Fries: You will love these crispy smashed potatoes so much you will add them to your weekly meal plan! Small potatoes are boiled in salted water using Rodelle’s Prime Rib Seasoning until very tender. This seasoning adds depth of flavor to each potato. The potatoes are then smashed between two sheet trays and pan-fried until golden, brown, and delicious on both sides. They are dressed with a generous portion of fine sea salt and additional Prime Rib seasoning.
One last tip before we go…if you’re looking for a finer-grain seasoning for hamburgers or other cuts of meat, simply pulse a few tablespoons of Rodelle Prime Rib Seasoning in a spice grinder – trust us the added flavors grind down to a smaller size that is infinitely better than your usual salt and pepper combo!