Jam can be expensive and contain a lot of preservatives and other ingredients you might want to avoid. What if you could have fresh, homemade, delicious peach, berry, and vanilla bean jam that takes only an hour to make?! Not to mention, it’s a lot of fun and the end result is well worth it!
But before you go, here’s an easy tip for peeling (blanching) peaches:
1. Boil a pot of water.
2. Use a sharp knife to make a small “x” through the skin at the base of each peach.
3. Prepare a large bowl of ice water.
4. Put the peaches in the boiling water- making sure they are entirely submerged. Leave in for 40 seconds to a minute.
5. Then transfer the peaches immediately into ice water for one minute.
6. Dry them, then peel at the “x” with your fingers, or a knife if necessary.