Each month we choose someone to be featured as our Home Cook Spotlight. We pick this person based on their enthusiasm for Rodelle and different recipes they have created inspired by our products. This month we’ve chosen William An of Cooking, Not Only For Adults. He has created an incredible recipe using our Herbs de Provence and Vanilla Extract. It is a very creative and sweet twist on a traditional Bolonese recipe.
8 oz of Spaghetti (about half of the box of 16 oz pasta)
Half of a 16 oz package of Ground Pork
2 Italian Style 4 cheese sausages taken out of the casing
1/2 jar of Prego Chunky Garden Tomato, Onion, and Garlic
5 tablespoons of Balsamic Vinegar
1 small white onion
8 Oz. Of Sliced Mushrooms
1 tablespoon of Rodelle Herbs De Provence Seasoning
1 teaspoon of chili powder
2 teaspoon of Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
Salt and Pepper to taste
To make things easier blend all the spices and seasoning in one bowl before cooking.
1) Saute onions, and mushroom with olive oil for 5 minutes or until onions and mushrooms are cooked, add the spices and seasoning.
2) Cook The Pasta while your sauce is cooking. Bring water up to a boil, and add salt to taste, then add your pasta, and cook depending how long an your pasta brand.
3) Add your meat to your onions and mushrooms. Cook the meat, then deglaze the pan with your Balsamic Vinegar.
4) Let the sauce simmer for 5 minutes on low then add your tomato sauce.
5) Add Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract to the sauce. ( not strange, balances out the flavors I promise you)
6) Simmer on low for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
7) Take the pasta out of your water with a pair of tongs into you dish, add a ladle full of sauce on top, garnish with chopped basil, and you done!!
Hope you enjoy!!