This incredible recipe submission comes to us from Nadine in Ohio for the Scrumptious Spring Sweepstakes!
Recipe Story: “I made these sweet little muffins for the first time for my daughters baby shower. The theme was a “Ladies Springtime Tea”. They were just perfect! They looked so cute and irresistible and they tasted just as good as they looked.”
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 TBSP powdered sugar
1 TBSP strawberry jam
1-2 drops red food coloring (optional)
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp butter, melted
1/2 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup milk
1 cup sugar
2 TBSP freshly grated orange zest
1 tsp Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
1 tsp Rodelle Pure Almond Extract
1 TBSP poppy seeds
1/3 cup orange juice
1/2 tsp butter, melted
1/2 tsp Rodelle Pure Almond Extract
1/2 tsp Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1. In a small mixing bowl, combine butter and powdered sugar. Mix until well combined.
2. Add strawberry jam and food coloring; mix well.
3. Using a pastry bag and a rosette piping tip, fill bag with butter mixture. Set aside.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Spray 2 mini muffin tins with a non stick cooking spray.
3. In a small bowl, combine flour, salt and baking powder; set aside
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine butter, oil, eggs and milk; mix until well combined.
5. Beat in sugar, orange zest, vanilla and almond extract.
6. Add flour mixture and mix until just combined.
7. Stir in the poppy seeds.
8. Fill muffin tins 3/4’s the way full.
9. Bake in oven for 8-10 minutes, until muffins are cooked through. Do not over bake.
11. Combine all ingredients in a small bowl; whisk until well combined.
12. Remove muffins from oven, place on cooling rack.
13. Cool for approximately 5 minutes, then dip the top of the muffins in the glaze.
14. Allow muffins to cool, then re-dip the muffin tops. Allow glaze to dry.
15. When ready to serve, pipe a rosette of strawberry butter on each mini muffin.
Makes : 24 muffins.
Be sure to enter your Spring recipe for a chance to win a KitchenAid® Artisan® Series Stand Mixer & an incredible gift set of Rodelle’s Gourmet Baking Ingredients!