Rodelle’s Wassail mix isn’t just for flavoring holiday beverages. We made an absolutely delicious zucchini cupcake with a vanilla brown sugar frosting that is to live for!
- | Easy
- | 60 mins
- | 18 servings
DirectionsFor the cupcakes
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, oil and orange juice until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, combine the dry ingredients.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients to the egg mixture until well mixed.
- Add the zucchini and mix well.
- Fill greased or lined muffin cups 2/3 full.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until cupcakes test done with a toothpick.
- Cool 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Cool completely before frosting.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and pour into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Stir in the Rodelle Vanilla extract. Cool until lukewarm.
- With the paddle attachment, gradually beat in the powdered sugar until the frosting reaches spreading consistency.
- Frost cupcakes.
For the cupcakes
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup Rodelle Wassail Mix
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded zucchini
For the frosting
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups powdered sugar