Your favorite vegan creme brulee, with a gingerbread twist! This vanilla gingerbread vegan creme brulee is a perfect addition to your holiday dessert table.
- | Easy
- | 75 mins
- | 4 servings
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Grease 4 3/4 cup ramekins or brulee dishes and set aside.
- In a blender, combine the coconut milk, sugar, brown sugar, raw cashews, cornstarch, vanilla paste, ginger, and maple syrup. Blend until smooth and cashews are completely blended into the mixture.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and transfer the creme brulee mixture to the pan. Whisk constantly, heating for about 2-3 minutes, or until mixture starts to thicken just slightly.
- Pour creme brulee mixture into the prepared ramekins, dividing the mixture evenly. Place ramekins in a shallow dish (I use an 8x8 pan) and fill the dish with water until it reaches halfway up the ramekins.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until creme brulees jiggle slightly when moved.
- After brulees have cooked, chill for at least 3 hours or up to overnight. When ready to be served, sprinkle each creme brulee with a layer of sugar about 1/8 inch thick and caramelize with a kitchen torch, moving the flame quickly until sugar is caramelized.
- Serve immediately.
- 1 (13.5 oz) can full fat coconut milk
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup raw cashews, soaked in water for 6-8 hours, then drained
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Paste
- 1 teaspoon ground, dried ginger
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup