We combined summer fruits along with the sweet flavor of vanilla to make a salsa that’s perfect for grilled fish, pulled pork, or for just dipping chips!
- 15 mins
- 12 servings
- 2 peaches, cut into wedges, fresh or frozen
- 2 cups seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 tsp Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and diced - could do more if you prefer extra heat
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- pinch of ground black pepper
- In the bowl of a food processor, pulse the peaches and Rodelle Vanilla Bean seeds until chopped, to a medium-chunk consistency. Remove to a separate bowl.
- In the food processor bowl (no need to rinse the bowl out), add the jalapeno and pulse until finely chopped.
- Add the onion, salt, and pepper and pulse for 2-3 seconds.
- Add the watermelon and Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract, pulse for 1 to 2 seconds so that the watermelon is still chunky (but not too liquidy).
- Remove to the bowl with the peaches in it.
- Combine with the peaches and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving to marry flavors.
- Serve with grilled halibut, swordfish (or your favorite white fish), pork chops, chicken, pulled pork sandwiches, or with chips.
Try Rodelle's other summery salsa: Mango Salsa!