These sweet and salty pecan clusters are great to have on hand for a snack or to add to a home made trail mix, charcuterie board or elevate a fresh summer salad for some extra crunch and a layer of flavor. This quick and easy recipe can add extra flavor and texture to just about any recipe calling for pecans and can easily be applied to any other nut you favor!
- 35 mins
- 8 servings
- 4 cups Pecans, raw unsalted
- 1 ½ tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp kosher salt, extra for sprinkling
- 2 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp Cardamom
- ½ cup plus 2 tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 large egg
- Preheat an oven to 350F. Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl.
- Mix until a thick syrup forms and nuts are evenly coated.
- On a parchment lined baking sheet spread nuts out evenly.
- Sprinkle with a bit of salt to taste and place in oven for 10 to 12 minutes.
- When finished in the oven nuts will look frothy and caramelized.
- Let cool and transfer to an air tight container for future use or snacking, separate nut clusters as you like.
- Pecans can be stored at room temperature for 2-3 days.
Tip: If you prefer something a with a little kick feel free to add a shack or cayenne to the mix.