An easy caramel recipe featuring a smooth flavor from the Rodelle vanilla and a pinch of salt that will keep you going back for more!
- | Easy
- | 45 mins
- | 24 servings
- Prepare an ice water bath for the pot you are using to make the caramel.
- Combine the sugar, cream, corn syrup, butter and salt into a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reaches 250 degrees Fahrenheit on a candy thermometer (about 10-20 minutes depending on your altitude).
- Add the vanilla extract and vanilla seeds to the pot, stir well.
- Immediately submerge the bottom of the pan in the ice water bath and chill until bubbles subside, about one minute. Remove from the bath.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Pour the caramel slowly onto the lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle sea, maldon, or your favorite salt on the top of the caramel.
- Once the caramel hardens, you can cut it into 1/2x1 inch rectangles.
- Wrap each caramel individually in parchment, or store in a food container.
- This recipe is also a great addition to apples!