Filled with our favorite strawberry preserves, this luscious special occasion cake is as yummy as it is beautiful (and it doesn’t taste gluten-free)!
- | Easy
- | 60 mins
- | 12 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease two 9-inch round cake pans.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, at medium speed, beat together eggs and sugar for 3-5 minutes.
- In a separate large bowl, combine coconut milk, oil, and Rodelle vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the GF flour blend, salt and baking powder.
- With the mixer on low speed, add dry ingredients and coconut milk mixture to eggs - alternating between dry and wet, adding a little at a time. Mix until combined.
- Divide the batter evenly between prepared pans and bake for 30-35 minutes or until cake center springs back to touch.
- Let the layers cool. Invert onto a cooling rack and cool completely before frosting.
- Prepare (if desired) Rodelle Vanilla Bean Buttercream.
- To decorate, we spread a thin layer of buttercream on the center sections of the cake prior to spreading preserves in the middle. Frost the rest of the cake as desired.
Gluten-Free All-Purpose Flour Blend
- 4 1/2 cups white rice flour
- 1 1/2 cups sweet (glutinous) rice flour
- 2 cups potato starch
- 1 cup tapioca starch
- 4 tsp xanthan gum
- Whisk all ingredients together until well blended. Store unused flour blend in an airtight container. Use cup for cup in recipes. Add additional 3/4 tsp xanthan gum for recipes calling for yeast.
For the Layer Cake
- 4 large eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 1/4 cups unsweetened coconut milk beverage
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 2 1/2 cups GF flour blend
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- Optional filling: 1 8-ounce jar strawberry or raspberry preserves.
- Frosting (recommended): Rodelle Vanilla Bean Buttercream