Vanilla Ginger Sparklies are made with Rodelle’s luxurious vanilla bean paste. A spicy brown sugar ginger simple syrup is made with fresh ginger and topped with plain sparkling water. The result? A refreshing ginger cream soda that is perfect for any hot summer day.
- 25 mins
- 4 servings
For the ginger simple syrup
- 1 cup brown sugar (156 g)
- 1 cup water (250 ml)
- ½ cup fresh ginger (60 g)
- 1 tbsp Rodelle Vanilla Paste (18.5 g)
For the sparklies
- 24 fl oz plain sparkling water (710 ml)
- Prepare the syrup by combining the syrup ingredients into a small saucepan.
- Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes over low heat.
- Strain the mixture into a clean measuring cup, then using the back of a spoon, press any remaining liquid from the ginger. Stir in the vanilla paste.
- Divide ⅓ cup of syrup (80 ml) into each 12.5 fluid ounce glass, and fill halfway with ice.
- Pour six fluid ounces of sparkling water into each glass. Serve immediately, stirring the drink before serving.
- The ginger does not need to be peeled before simmering in the simple syrup.
- Feel free to double the amount of ginger in the recipe for an extra spicy and bold drink.
- Ginger syrup will last in the fridge for 1-2 weeks if stored in an airtight container.