Vanilla Cream Cold Brew is perfect for an afternoon pick-me-up or to ease into the weekend with a caffeinated treat! Upside Down Whipped Coffee: Bold & rich cold brew topped off with the fluffiest, salty-sweet vanilla-flecked cream.
- 5 mins
- 2 servings
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (see Notes for substitutions)
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup or sweetener of choice
- 2 teaspoons Rodelle Vanilla Paste
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse kosher salt
- 2 cups cold brew coffee
- Make the vanilla-flecked whip: To a medium bowl, add the heavy whipping cream, maple syrup, Rodelle Vanilla paste & kosher salt. Using a hand mixer (whisk attachment preferred, but not necessary), whip the cream mixture on medium-high speed until light & fluffy. You can continue to whip the cream as desired, though be sure not to over whip.
- Assemble: Fill 2 tumbler glasses with ice. Pour the cold brew coffee over top & finish with a generous dollop of vanilla-flecked whip. Enjoy!
- Alternate milks: If you do not have heavy whipping cream on hand, you can use a frother to froth your milk of choice. This will yield a frothier, coffee shop-style foam topping. If using plant milk (e.g. nut milk, oat milk), it's useful to use a "barista" blend, which is built to achieve a beautiful foamy consistency.
- No frother? No problem!: If you do not have a frother, you can also swap the heavy cream out with 2 large pasteurized egg whites, which will yield a fluffy, meringue-like foam.
- This recipe was created for Rodelle by @playswellwithbutter.