This soothing, creamy, and healthy homemade lotion will make lovely and thoughtful DIY gifts. No additives, all natural ingredients, and organic means they can enjoy guilt-free!
- 20 mins
- 20 servings
- 1/4 cup Shea butter
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons beeswax, grated or pearls
- 2 tablespoons apricot oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Vitamin E oil
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- Place the shea butter, coconut oil, and beeswax in a heat proof bowl over a double boiler saucepan. There should be enough water that it touches the bowl, but won't boil over.
- Melt the ingredients over medium heat.
- Add the apricot oil and stir to combine.
- Remove the bowl from the heat and stir in the Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract and the Vitamin E oil.
- Cool the bowl on the counter, then place in the refrigerator for no less than an hour.
- When the solution has almost solidified, beat with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Fill your container.