Nothing says the holidays like snickerdoodles. Our Rodelle vanillas really add that extra touch to making these cookies one of a kind. It’s sure to be a recipe the whole family will enjoy.
- 90 mins
- 15 servings
- 2¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 sticks (8 ounces) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1½ cups sugar plus ¼ cup for coating the dough
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Sift together flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- Combine butter and 1 ½ cups sugar in bowl of electric mixer. Beat on medium speed with paddle attachment until fluffy, about 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides of the bowl and beat in the eggs and vanilla until combined.
- Add dry ingredients in 3 batches until all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Combine the cinnamon and ¼ cup sugar in a small bowl.
- Using a small ice cream scoop (size 30 or 40 or a heaping tablespoon), form balls of the dough.
- Roll the balls in the cinnamon sugar to coat.
- Place the balls on the baking sheets about 2 inches apart and bake for 10 minutes (to bake more evenly, you can rotate the sheet after 5 minutes).
- Remove to wire racks to cool.