A wholesome, natural alternative to store-bought puddings and pudding mixes. Filled with the sweet vanilla bean flavor that everyone loves.
- 10 mins
- 4 servings
- 1/3 cup cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half & half, divided
- 1 cup whole milk
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped, reserve the bean pod
- Mix the sugar, cornstarch and salt in a heavy saucepan.
- Gradually stir in 1/3 cup half & half to make a smooth, runny paste.
- Whisk in the milk and remaining 2/3 cup half & half. Add the vanilla bean pod.
- Stir constantly over medium heat until the mixture begins to thicken.
- Remove the bean pod and add the scraped vanilla bean seeds.
- Reduce the heat to low, stirring briskly, bring the pudding to a simmer and cook for one minute.
- Let cool for a few minutes, then pour into four 1-cup lunch box containers with lids, or serving dishes of choice.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Will keep refrigerated for 3-4 days.
Try our Butterscotch Pudding recipe too - it packs easily into take-away containers for lunch boxes or individual treats! Looking for something different? We have a wonderful healthy chocolate avocado pudding, almond and cranberry rice pudding, and even a Vanilla Bean Apple Bread Pudding that will knock your socks off!