The soft, tender cake is perfect for the holidays, when you want something with lots of seasonal flavor that isn’t too heavy. Top it with a peppermint and vanilla glaze for some festive color!
- | Easy
- | 90 mins
- | 16 servings
DirectionsFor the cake
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease and flour a 10-inch tube pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in the eggs one at a time until well-combined.
- Slice the vanilla bean lengthwise using a sharp knife, then use the back of the knife to scrape out the seeds. Add the seeds to the sugar mixture and mix thoroughly to combine.
- In a measuring cup or small bowl, combine vanilla extract, peppermint extract and buttermilk.
- Working in two or three additions, alternately add the flour mixture and the buttermilk mixture to the butter mixture, ending with a final addition of dry ingredients.
- Stir only until no streaks of flour remain. Fold in red jimmies just until evenly distributed.
- Pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack before topping with glaze.
- In a medium bowl, combine sugar, milk, vanilla and peppermint.
- Whisk until smooth. If mixture is too thick to drizzle easily, add in additional milk 1 teaspoon at a time until desired consistency is reached.
- Drizzle over cake, then sprinkle cake with crushed peppermint candies while the glaze is still tacky.
- Allow glaze to set for at least 30 minutes before serving.
- Note: This recipe was prepared by Nicole at Baking Bites for Rodelle.
For the Vanilla Bean Peppermint Bundt Cake
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 2/3 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 large eggs
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean
- 1 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 1/2 tbsp red jimmies (sprinkles)
For the Vanilla Peppermint Glaze
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tbsp milk
- 1 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Bean Paste (or vanilla extract)
- 1/4 tsp peppermint extract
- 2 tbsp crushed peppermint candies or candy cane