Celebrate the holidays with this gourmet staple. This recipe is creamy, nutty, elegant, and oh-so edible. The smell alone with fill your home with the scent of the holidays!
- | Medium
- | 105 mins
- | 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Place the flour in a bowl and rub in the butter using your fingertips until it resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the sugar and add enough cold water to mix into firm dough.
- Wrap in plastic wrap or wax paper and chill for 15 minutes, until firm enough to roll out.
- Roll out the dough on a lightly floured flat surface and use to line a 9-inch loose-bottom round tart pan (or 9-inch pie pan). Prick the bottom with a fork. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Place the pan on a baking sheet and line with a sheet of parchment paper and dried beans (the dried beans are layed on top of the parchment paper to act as a weight to weigh the dough down).
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Remove the paper and beans and bake for an additional 5 minutes.
- Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
- Place the butter, brown sugar, and corn syrup in a saucepan and heat gently until melted.
- Remove from the heat and quickly beat in the eggs and Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract.
- Coarsely chop the pecans and stir into the mixture.
- Pour into the tart shell and bake for 35-40 minutes, until the filling is just set.
- Serve warm or cold.
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for dusting
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons superfine sugar (use a spice/coffee bean grinder to “superfine” your sugar; 3 quick pulses should do it)
- ¼ cup ice cold water
- Dried beans (to be used as a weight)
- 5 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 extra-large eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup pecans