Our Rodelle vanillas have really outdone themselves! When the vanilla bean and maple flavors combine it is sweet perfection. We’ve also created a cocoa cherry flavored granola that is AMAZING!
- | Easy
- | 30 mins
- | 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 300° F.
- In a small pot, heat the maple syrup stirring in the vanilla seeds and the reserved beans.
- Simmer lightly for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and let sit while preparing the oats.
- Lightly toast the oats in a 9 x 13 inch roasting pan over your stove burners until they just change color and become fragrant, about 3 minutes.
- Stir or shake the pan often so that the oats don’t burn. (An alternative is to bake in the oven, stirring often, until toasted, abut 15 minutes).
- Add the almonds (or nuts and seeds of your choice) and continue to cook, stirring frequently for 2 more minutes. Add the dates and salt and mix-in thoroughly.
- Remove the vanilla beans from the maple syrup. Pour the syrup over the toasted oat mixture and toss to coat.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes stirring once or twice.
- Cool on a wire rack, stirring a few times until cooled. Transfer to a sealed container and store in the refrigerator. It will keep indefinitely.
- 6 cups rolled oats (not quick cooking or instant)
- 2 cups nuts and seeds (we used slivered almonds, you can use walnuts, cashews, sunflower seeds, pecans and/or sesame seeds)
- 1 cup chopped dates
- Dash of salt
- 2 Rodelle Vanilla Beans, split and scraped
- Reserve the beans
- 1 cup maple syrup