October is here, which means Halloween is not far behind! This recipe is delicious, festive, and fun for the whole family. It’s an easy recipe to make and the result is sweet perfection.
- | Easy
- | 30 mins
- | 4 servings
- Remove apple stems.
- Take skewer and pierce where stem used to be. Shove about 2/3 of the way through the apple (make sure they feel sturdy).
- In a small pot, combine 1 ½ cups of sugar. You’ll add just enough water to moisten it. Don’t go over 1/3 cups.
- When the sugar takes consistency of wet sand, squeeze one half of the lemon’s juice into sugar (this is keeping sugar mixture from crystallizing).
- Mix together until it has the consistency of sand.
- Then add 1 tsp. red food coloring, cloves, Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped, and cinnamon stick.
- Put ingredients in pan and bring to boil on stove. The heat should be around 300-310 degrees Fahrenheit (candy thermometer works well to measure this.)
- Line a cookie sheet with wax paper.
- Once mixture has reached 300-310 degrees Fahrenheit, you should have a syrupy mixture. Remove from heat.
- Carefully tilt pot sideways to run syrup to same side. Take skewered apples and dip the apple in the syrup. Spin slowly to evenly coat all sides.
- Now place on cookie sheet to cool, repeat these steps for the rest of the apples.
- 4 apples
- 4 skewers
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1/3 cups water
- Juice from 1 sliced lemon
- 1 tsp red food coloring
- 6 whole cloves
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped