This crunchy confection is so simple to make! In just a few steps you’ll have a delicious bite sized recipe. The perfect holiday gift idea or bring to a party for an unforgettable dessert!
- 180 mins
- 8 servings
- 2 cups butter, plus 1 tbsp for greasing the baking sheet
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup slivered blanched almonds
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 1 tsp Rodelle Almond Extract
- 1 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1 10-ounce package of semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped almonds
- Grease a 15-inch baking sheet with a pad of butter and set aside.
- Melt 2 cups of butter in a heavy saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugar, slivered almonds, water, and salt; cook and stir over medium heat until a candy thermometer reads 295°F (hard-crack is 300 degrees).
- Remove from heat and stir in the Rodelle Vanilla Bean scraped seeds and the Rodelle Almond Extract. Quickly pour into the prepared pan.
- Cool at room temperature for one hour.
- In a microwave oven, or over a double broiler, melt the chocolate chips.
- Add the Rodelle Vanilla Extract and stir until smooth. Spread 1/2 of the chocolate over the toffee in a thin layer.
- Refrigerate for about 45 minutes until cool.
- Invert the toffee onto another sheet and spread the remaining chocolate over the toffee (you may need to briefly reheat the chocolate).
- Sprinkle the chopped almonds in an even layer over the top, press down gently to set almonds into the chocolate.
- Let stand for one hour. Break into bite-sized pieces. Store in an airtight container.