We’ve taken your traditional chocolate cake recipe and added a twist: Zucchini! Our Rodelle Vanilla Extract mixed with our Gourmet Baking Cocoa creates perfection for this zucchini masterpiece.
- | Medium
- | 60 mins
- | 8 servings
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat the butter, sugar, and eggs until light in color. Add the oil and beat again.
- Sift the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl.
- Gradually beat in the buttermilk, Rodelle Vanilla Extract and flour mixture alternating between wet and dry.
- Stir in the zucchini.
- Pour the batter into a greased 13x9 inch baking dish, or 2 loaf pans, or a 10 inch round cake pan. Sprinkle the top with the nuts and chocolate chips if using.
- Bake for 40 to 50 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool, remove from pan(s), sprinkle the top with the powdered sugar and cool further on a rack.
- This cake gets moister with time.
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 1 ¼ cups sugar
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup cooking oil
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- 1 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 3 cups raw zucchini, grated or
- chopped fine in a food processor
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- Chopped nuts and/or chocolate chips