This fruity concoction will melt in your mouth. It is the perfect mixture of tangy and sweet fruits and Rodelle Vanilla Extract wrapped in a flaky pastry.
- 45 mins
- 6 servings
- 2 cups of apricots, chopped
- 1/2 cup Rodelle Vanilla Sugar
- 1 cup orange juice, pulp free
- 2 ripe, pitted and pealed peaches
- 1 oz lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 2 Rodelle Vanilla Beans, split and scraped
- 1 ½ cup almonds, sliced and toasted
- 1 puff pastry sheets
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 Rodelle Vanilla Beans with 2 tsp Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
- In a large saucepan, combine the apricots, Rodelle Vanilla Sugar, and orange juice.
- Simmer over medium-low heat, stirring often until the apricots are very tender; the mixture should become thick and syrupy.
- Add the fresh peaches, lemon juice and a Rodelle Vanilla Bean and continue to simmer for 3 to 5 minutes; remove from the heat
- Add 1 cup of toasted almonds (saving ½ cup for topping), stir and cool the fruit mixture.
- Onto a clean kitchen counter, place the puff pastry sheets; cut into two 8˝ x 12˝ rectangles (if frozen, follow the package directions for thawing)
- Preheat your oven at 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place on a baking sheet parchment paper or a silicone mat, lay one puff pastry rectangle on the baking sheet and spoon the fruit mixture onto the center of the rectangle leaving about 1˝ of space clear from the edges.
- Place the other 8˝ x 12˝ rectangle on top and press to seal the edges (you may use a fork for sealing).
- When pie is sealed, with a fork make some holes in the top of the pie and lightly brush the top with the egg yolks.
- Sprinkle the top of the pie with ¼ tsp of Rodelle Vanilla Sugar.
- Bake the pastry for 15 minutes, rotate the baking sheet then continue to bake for 5 or 10 more minutes or until the pie is golden brown.
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with ½ cup toasted almonds.
- Let it rest for 15 minutes in order to cool.