Yummy, vanilla twice baked sweet potatoes will be a welcome addition to your holiday meals or mid-week dinners. They are easy to make and have just a hint of extra sweetness.
- 50 mins
- 4 servings
- 2 sweet potatoes/yams
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- ¼ cup whole milk, warmed
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped, reserve a few seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons soft butter
- Reserved vanilla seeds
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F
- Wash potatoes. With a paring knife, insert a ½-inch slit into each potato.
- Bake potatoes on middle rack for 30 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool.
- Cut in half lengthwise. Gently scoop out the potato; leaving about ¼-inch of potato around the skins, into a medium bowl.
- Add the melted butter, warm milk, brown sugar, vanilla seeds, and salt to the potato. Mash together, then beat with a hand mixer until fluffy. Add a little more milk if needed to achieve the right consistency. You don’t want runny mashed potatoes.
- Spoon the mixture back into the skins. Bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Mix the softened butter with the reserved vanilla seeds.
- Top the potatoes with a dollop of vanilla butter and a sprinkling of chopped pecans.