Turkey brine does not have to be reserved for turkey only. These chicken wings are marinated in Rodelle’s Gourmet Turkey Brine which has delicious flavors of cranberries, allspice, black pepper, garlic, orange peel, rosemary, thyme, bay leaf, sage, and of course vanilla beans. We took the culinary liberty to bake the chicken wings first to make them tender. Then they are thrown onto a flaming hot grill until beautifully charred. This method is awesome if you are tailgating because it eliminates the need to transport uncooked meat!
- 80 mins
- 8 servings
- 1 cup Rodelle Gourmet Turkey Brine
- ½ gallon water
- 4 # raw chicken wings
- To make the brine, bring a half-gallon of water to a boil. Pour in the turkey brine seasoning and stir until dissolved.
- Add in ½ gallon of cold water and stir. Then carefully place the wings into the brine. Place the wings in the fridge for at least 12-24 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 375 F. Remove the chicken wings from the brine and place them directly onto a baking sheet. Cover the wings with a sheet of parchment paper and then tinfoil. Bake the wings for 45 minutes or until tender.
- If you are transporting the chicken wings to a tailgating event or party, you can do so now and grill the wings at your destination. Otherwise, preheat a grill to 400 F. Place the wings on the grill and cook each one until both sides are nicely charred. You will need to flip the wings several times to get even grill marks. Serve immediately!