This fish entrée can be prepared with sea bass or halibut as well. This recipe combines unexpected ingredients into a thoroughly satisfying gourmet meal.
- | 30 mins
- | 2 servings
- Heat oven to 350°F
- Slice the grapefruit in half along the middle. Juice one half of the grapefruit and spoon out 1 tablespoon of the pulp.
- Grate 2 teaspoons ginger.
- From the other half grapefruit, slice two 1/4-inch rounds.
- Place the swordfish in a lightly oiled baking dish. Brush the top of the fish with oil as well, salt and pepper.
- In a small bowl or ramekin, combine the grapefruit pulp with the ginger. Spread over the fish. Place one round of sliced grapefruit on top of each fish.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until firm and flaky.
- Whisk the sauce ingredients together. Adjust seasoning if preferred.
- Serve the sauce with the fish.
- 2 swordfish steaks
- 1 grapefruit
- 1 section of fresh ginger, peeled
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Safflower oil
For the Sauce
- 6 oz plain yogurt
- 1/3 cup grapefruit juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped