We used our KitchenAid® Pasta Roller attachments to create a thoroughly satisfying Sweet Potato Fettuccine infused with the inviting flavor of Rodelle Vanilla Beans.
- 30 mins
- 10 servings
For the Pasta
- 1 10 oz frozen sweet potatoes (steam for 3 - 4 minutes, until tender)
- 4 large eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 1 tablespoon water
For the vanilla brown butter sage sauce
- 8 tablespoons good quality butter
- 6 leaves of fresh sage
- ½ Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
For the Pasta:
- Drain well and puree the steamed sweet potatoes.
- Place all of the ingredients into the bowl of a stand mixer (KitchenAid®, because we're using their pasta roller for this recipe. However, if you have another brand of mixer and/or pasta roller, the recipe will work with them as well).
- Using the paddle attachment, mix the ingredients on low speed for about 30 seconds.
- Exchange the paddle for the dough hook and knead for 2 minutes.
- On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough by hand for 2 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 8 pieces.
- Roll the dough per manufacturer instructions.
- To cook freshly made pasta, add 2 tablespoons of water to 6 quarts boiling water.
- Slowly add the pasta and cook at a boil for 2-5 minutes, depending on thickness of noodles.
- Cook dry pasta for 7 minutes.
Serve with brown butter sage sauce:
- In a small skillet melt 4 - 8 tablespoons butter (depending on how many servings of pasta you prepared).
- Add 6 leaves of fresh sage and heat until the butter is fragrant and nutty. Toss with the cooked pasta.
- Hint: If your pasta sheets are falling apart in the machine, just dust them with a bit of flour. Wrap and keep sections of dough in refrigerator until ready to roll.