Serve these amazing dinner rolls with Rodelle’s Vanilla Bean Butter! Perfect for any occasion!
- 120 mins
- 18 servings
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 pkg. active dry yeast
- 1 cup half & half
- 3/4 cup butter
- 3/4 cup frozen sweet potato cubes, steamed and pureed*
- 1 egg
- Melted butter, if desired
*Steam the frozen sweet potatoes until heated through. In a blender or food processor, puree the potatoes, leaving some small chunks. Alternatively, you can use 3/4 cup canned, mashed sweet potatoes. Make sure that the only ingredient is sweet potatoes, no added sugar, liquid, or salt.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine 1 cup of the flour, sugar, salt, and yeast; blend well.
- In a small saucepan, heat the half & half and butter until very warm (120 to 130° F).
- Add the warm liquid, pureed sweet potatoes*, and egg to the flour mixture.
- With the paddle attachment, blend at low speed until moistened. Beat for 2 minutes at medium speed.
- With the dough-hook attached, blend in the remaining 3 cups of flour for a soft dough. The dough will be somewhat sticky.
- On a floured surface, knead the dough until smooth and elastic, about 2 minutes.
- Place the dough in a greased bowl; cover loosely with a cloth towel and let rise in warm place until light and doubled in size, about 45-55 minutes.
- Grease 2 baking sheets. Punch down the dough several times to remove all air bubbles. On a floured surface, toss the dough lightly until no longer sticky.
- Divide the dough into 18 pieces; shape into balls. Place 2" apart on the baking sheets.
- Cover; let rise in warm place until doubled in size, about 30 to 40 minutes.
- Heat oven to 375°. Uncover the dough. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks.
- Brush with melted butter, or better yet, melted Rodelle's Vanilla Bean Butter.
- Serve with our Rodelle Vanilla Bean Butter!