Easy Sweet Potato Brownies made with almond flour, almond butter, sweet potato puree, and cocoa powder for a decadent, healthier brownie. Topped with a 2-ingredient sweet potato frosting. Gluten-free, vegan.
- | Easy
- | 40 mins
- | 16 servings
DirectionsSweet Potato Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper.
- Cook the sweet potato in the microwave on the appropriate setting until well cooked and mashes well with a fork. Place 3/4 cup of the mashed sweet potato in a large bowl, followed by the almond butter and maple syrup. Whisk to combine.
- Add the coconut sugar, almond flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda. Using an electric mixer, or by hand, mix until evenly combined and incorporated. Add vanilla extract and mix until combined.
- Transfer batter (it will be thick) to the prepared pan. Using a spatula or your hands, spread and pat the batter into an even layer. Bake for 20-25 minutes, until a toothpick comes out mostly clean. (24-25 minutes is about perfect for my oven.)
- Allow brownies to cool in pan on wire rack.
- Once the brownies are cool, prepare your frosting. Cook the remaining sweet potato in the microwave at appropriate setting until it easily mashes with a fork.
- Add mashed sweet potato and chocolate chips to the saucepan and cook over medium-low heat. Stir frequently, just until chocolate chips have melted. Remove from heat and stir until mixture is smooth.
- Spread frosting (you won't need all of it) over top of cooled brownies. Allow frosting to cool and set before slicing brownies into squares.
- Store leftovers in an airtight container.
Sweet Potato Brownies
- 3/4 cup (143g) mashed sweet potato (1 large)
- 1 cup (227g) unsalted almond butter stirred well
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 cup (32g) coconut sugar
- 1/3 cup (35g) almond flour
- 4 tablespoons (31g) Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons Pure Vanilla Extract
Sweet Potato Frosting
- 1 large sweet potato, cooked and mashed
- 10 ounces dairy-free dark or semi-sweet chocolate chips