Sugar Bakeshop and Coffee House is baking up masterpieces. This Chocolate Cake filled with chocolate buttercream is the perfect combination of their creativity and our Rodelle products!
- | Easy
- | 80 mins
- | 6 servings
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Grease and flour two nine inch round pans.
- In a large bowl, stir together the sugar, flour, Rodelle Baking Cocoa, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the eggs, milk, oil and Rodelle Vanilla Extract, mix for 2 minutes on medium speed of mixer. Stir in the boiling water last. Batter will be thin. Pour evenly into the prepared pans.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes in the preheated oven, until the cake tests done with a toothpick.
- Cool in the pans for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Cream softened butter for a few minutes in a mixer with the paddle attachment on medium speed. Turn off the mixer, and scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Sift the Rodelle Baking Cocoa into the mixing bowl. Turn your mixer on the lowest speed until the baking cocoa is absorbed by the butter.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar into the mixing bowl 1/2 cup at a time.
- Blend ingredients until it is smooth and incorporated.
- Increase the mixer speed to medium and add the Rodelle Vanilla Extract, salt, and cream and beat for 3 minutes. If your frosting needs a more stiff consistency, add a little more sugar. If your frosting needs to be thinned out, add additional cream 1 tbsp at a time.
- Place your first layer of chocolate cake on a cake stand, plate, or base of choice.
- Spread a hearty, even layer of chocolate buttercream on top.
- Place your second layer of chocolate cake on the first, and cover with the remaining buttercream. Best served at room temperature.
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour (add an extra tbsp for high altitude)
- 3/4 cup Rodelle Baking Cocoa
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Rodelle Gourmet Baking Cocoa
- 3 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 1/2 tsp table salt
- 1 tbsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 4 tbsp heavy cream