This dessert recipe is the perfect way to end any meal. It is an amazing blend between the tangy strawberry sauce, atop a rich vanilla pound cake, finished off by a fluffy whipped cream.
- | Medium
- | 90 mins
- | 2 servings
DirectionsVanilla Pound cake
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit, grease 2- 8 in. x 4 in. loaf pans, and soften the butter.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Set aside
- Cream the butter until light and lump-free. Add the sugar and cream until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping down the bowl frequently and mixing well after each addition.
- Stir in the Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract and lemon peel.
- Fold in the dry ingredients by hand in three stages.
- Divide the batter into greased loaf pans and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake at 325 degrees Fahrenheit until golden brown and springy to the touch, approx. 1 hour 10 minutes
- Remove from the pan and let cool 10 minutes before slicing.
- In a medium saucepan, combine the fruit and water.
- Bring to a boil, and reduce to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the sugar and salt and cook on medium-high heat for 5 minutes, reduce to a simmer and let cook until the sauce thickens, stirring often, approx. 5 minutes.
- Add the Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract and stir in.
- Let cool.
- Spoon ¼ cup over slice of pound cake and top with whipped cream
- Chill a stainless steel or ceramic bowl
- Add the whipping cream and beat on medium high until just thick
- Add the Rodelle Vanilla Bean and sugar and whip until peaks form (but not until stiff and “buttery”).
Strawberry Vanilla Rhubarb Sauce
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 4 cups sliced fresh rhubarb
- 2/3 cup sugar
- ¼ cup water
- Pinch salt
- ½ tsp Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
Vanilla Pound cake
- 1 pound cake flour (approx. 3 ½ cups)
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 pound unsalted butter, softened
- 1 ½ cups granulated sugar
- 9 eggs
- 1 tsp Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp grated lemon peel
Vanilla Bean Whip Cream
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped