This decadent masterpiece was created by Lyndsy Hassett from The Dinnervine. “Sweet strawberries and Pure Rodelle Vanilla come together in this lovely cake! Perfect as a dessert…”
- 60 mins
- 4 servings
- 1 1/4 cups ripe strawberries (sliced)
- 1/4 cup ripe strawberries, macerated into jam-like texture
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil (EVOO) (I use sweeter varietal koroneiki from WeOlive)
- 1 cup baker's sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 3/4 cup flour
- 1T flour (for tossing berries)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2/3 tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp cinnamon
- 5 T whipping cream
- 2 1/2 tsp pure Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1T Rodelle Vanilla Sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Prepare a bundt pan (grease with shortening or butter, then lightly flour)
- In medium bowl, slice 1.25 cups of strawberries, and add 1T of vanilla sugar, mix, & toss with 1T flour.
- In small bowl add 1/4 cup of sliced, ripened strawberries & macerate into jam-like consistency with a wooden spoon.
- Mix flour, soda, salt & cinnamon in a separate bowl In bowl of electric mixer, combine EVOO & sugar, adding eggs one at a time
- Add cream & vanilla, mix 1 minute.
- Add combined dry ingredients, gradually into mixer bowl, until well incorporated.
- Fold-in sliced strawberries & mashed strawberries.
- Pour batter into prepared bundt or loaf pan
- Bake for 45 min -1 hour, or until a toothpick comes out clean & middle is firm.
- Cool 15 min in pan, then remove with large plate & cool 1 hour on baking rack (avoid prematurely handling, cake will need to set!)
- Slice & serve warm with butter or as-is!
- Notes: This cake can be done in a loaf pan also, but the bundt turned out great! You can substitute 2 sticks of butter in lieu of the EVOO above, but the sweeter oil added a nice flavor and texture. Baking time will vary, and it may take a full hour, but mine took about 50 min. (check at 40 and watch). Cooling in the pan for at least 15 min will prevent the cake from breaking. Best cooled on a wire rack once cake is slightly cooled and out of pan.