These pancakes are simple and comforting, bursting with fresh strawberry and rich vanilla bean flavor. You can whip them up on a spring weekend morning and enjoy a relaxing breakfast at home!
- 25 mins
- 10 servings
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup + 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp Rodelle Vanilla Paste
- 1 ¼ cup whole milk
- 4 tbsp butter, melted (plus more for cooking)
- 1 lb strawberries, stemmed + thinly sliced
- warm maple syrup, for drizzling
- Add the all-purpose flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt to a mixing bowl. Whisk to combine. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs. Whisk in the vanilla paste and milk.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and whisk until smooth. Stir in the melted butter.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Add a couple tablespoons of butter and let melt. Working in batches, ladle the batter onto the surface in even circles. Arrange the sliced strawberries over the top of each pancake.
- Cook on one side until golden brown and bubbles begin to form. Flip the pancakes and finish cooking on the other side. Keep the pancakes warm as you finish cooking the rest of the batter.
- Serve the pancakes with more butter and warm maple syrup drizzled over top.
Note: this recipe was prepared for Rodelle by @theoriginaldish.