Created by Nicole Weston of Baking Bites. These Strawberry Almond Shortcakes showcase strawberries with a tender almond cake that really compliments them.
- | Medium
- | 12 servings
DirectionsStrawberry Almond Shortcakes
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour a 12-cup muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, almond meal, sugar, baking powder and salt and whisk until well-combined.
- Add in eggs, milk, vanilla extract and almond extract and whisk together until smooth. Pour in butter and whisk until fully incorporated.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes, until the cakes spring back when lightly touched and a toothpick inserted into the cake comes
- Take cakes out of the muffin pan and allow to cool on a wire rack.
- When cakes have cooled, they can be sliced in half and filled with Vanilla-Macerated Strawberries and Vanilla Yogurt Whipped Cream to serve.
- Combine sliced berries and vanilla sugar in a large bowl. Toss to combine.
- Allow to sit for 20 minutes at room temperature or several hours, covered, in the refrigerator, until strawberries start to release some of their juices.
- In a medium bowl, beat heavy cream to stiff peaks.
- In a large bowl, whisk together vanilla bean seeds, confectioners' sugar and yogurt until well combined.
- Fold in whipped cream and use immediately.
Strawberry Almond Shortcakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 cup almond meal (finely ground almonds)
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 tsp Rodelle Bourbon Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp Rodelle Almond extract
- 4 tbsp butter, melted and cooled
- 3 cups sliced, fresh strawberries
- 3 tbsp Rodelle Vanilla Sugar
Vanilla Bean Yogurt Whipped Cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, seeds scraped
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2/3 cup plain greek-style yogurt