Being festive just got easy. Celebrate each holiday with a festive cupcake. Rich and creamy buttercream goes a long way. Simply switch out the decor and voila a treat for all occasions.
- | 15 mins
- | 24 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Line cupcake tin with festive cupcake papers
- Sift together the flour, baking powder and salt; set aside
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream the butter at medium speed until smooth
- Slowly add the sugar and continue to mix at medium speed until well combined
- Add eggs, one at a time, continue to mix at medium speed until well combined
- Add the vanilla and mix until combined
- Alternate adding the flour mixture and the milk, mix thoroughly
- Fill cupcake papers 3/4 full
- Bake for 20 minutes or until golden browned
- Place egg whites and salt in a large mixing bowl, whisk thoroughly
- Place egg white mixture in a double boiler and heat water to a simmer on LOW to just warm the egg whites (the small amount of indirect warmth from the water underneath will help dissolve the sugar while NOT cooking the eggs).
- Set egg white mixture and let cool
- With the paddle attachment on an electric mixer, cream butter on medium until creamy
- Slowly add the egg white mixture ½ cup at a time, scraping down sides as needed
- Change to the whisk attachment and whisk for 2-3 minutes until creamy and well incorporated.
- Add powdered sugar 1 cup at a time, mixing on medium and then high in between.
- Mix on high for 1-2 minutes until frosting is light and fluffy.
- If the frosting is too heavy, add additional powdered sugar (1/4 cup at a time) until fluffy.
- 1/2 pound (2 sticks) unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 tsp Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1 cup milk
- 4 egg whites
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tsp Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
- 4 sticks unsalted butter, softened (room temp)
- 4 cups powdered sugar