Loaded with healthy ingredients, this salad is perfect for a simple lunch, or a distinctive side dish for almost any meal.
- | Easy
- | 15 mins
- | 6 servings
- Cook bacon until crispy. Drain on paper towel, but do not remove grease from skillet.
- Place whole slices of red onion into hot skillet and sear in the bacon grease until just starting to turn transparent, but still firm. Place on paper towel to remove residual grease. Slices can be sectioned at this time.
- We kept our mushrooms raw, but if you prefer yours cooked, saute in the same skillet for a half minute or so.
- Toss the spinach, onion, and mushrooms together in a bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients together in a container with a lid and shake until well mixed.
- When ready to serve, pour desired amount of dressing over the spinach and toss.
- Crumble bacon over the top and serve.
For the Salad
- 6 slices thick, smoked bacon
- 6 1/4-inch thick slices red onion, do not separate into rings
- 6 ounces baby spinach
- 1 cup sliced crimini mushrooms
For the Dressing
- 1/2 cup quality olive oil
- 3 tablespoons quality white wine vinegar (champagne, or Pinot Grigio, etc.)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Rodelle Organic Ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon sugar