These cookies are just as fun to make as they are to eat! You can make them for any holiday with a simple change in cutout and some food coloring!
- | Medium
- | 60 mins
- | 15 servings
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- Add the Rodelle Vanilla Extract and Rodelle Almond Extract.
- Beat in buttermilk.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; slowly add to the butter mixture until well combined.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight or until easy to handle.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out the dough to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Cut with floured cookie cutters.
- Place 1 inch apart on parchment lined cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 6-7 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove and allow to cool on wire racks
- With a whisk, combine sugar and milk until smooth (no lumps!) Then stir in corn syrup and extract.
- Add food coloring if desired.
- Frost the top of the cookies with one color, pipe a spiral on with another color.
- Drag a toothpick through the icing from the center to the cookie edge, causing the colors to swirl together.
- Decorate with frosting and candies or colored sugars if desired.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tbsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp Rodelle Almond Extract
- 5 cups flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 lb powdered sugar
- 6 tbsp whole milk
- 6 tbsp light Corn Syrup
- 1 tsp extract of choice
- black and orange food coloring
Mix all the ingredients together and portion into different bowls for different colors.