A refreshing crunchy cucumber salad with a spicy twist! We love this salad as it’s real easy to put together and has some great savory flavors. For added heat we mix in some chili oil and our Rodelle Sriracha seasoning which goes a long way!
- 20 mins
- 2 servings
- 5-6 mini (Persian) cucumbers.
- 2tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves minced or grated
- 1tbs rice wine vinegar
- 1tbs chili oil
- 1tsp Rodelle Sriracha Seasoning
- 1tsp sesame oil
- 2tsp Rodelle Sesame Seeds
- 1tsp soy sauce
- Wash cucumbers and cut off the ends of each.
- If you want to make caterpillar cucumbers please follow steps below, otherwise, cut cucumbers about 1/2inch in thickness:
- With chopsticks, place them on each long side of cucumber to use as a guides for cutting them, sort of like railings.
- Cut the cucumber diagonally in small slices (1/4-1/2 inch) all the way across. Your knife should touch the chopstick. The chopsticks should prevent you from cutting all the way through the cucumber.
- Next, flip the cucumber to the other side. Still keeping it between the chopsticks, use your knife to cut straight ½ inch slices. Ensure your knife is still touching the chopstick while cutting.
- After, cut each sliced cucumber in half or thirds.
- Repeat above steps for the rest of the cucumbers.
- Move all cucumbers to a medium-large bowl and sprinkle salt on top. Gently mix cucumbers so they are all coated and let rest for about 10min to draw out moisture.
- While the cucumbers are resting, mix together the chili oil and Rodelle Sriracha Seasoning and set to side.
- Once salt and cucumber mix have been sitting for 10-15min, rinse thoroughly in the bowl under cold water 2-3 times. Blot the cucumbers gently after with a towel or paper towel.
- Next, mix all other ingredients in with the sliced cucumbers and serve.
Note 1: Salad can be stored in an air tight container for up to 3-5 days.
Note 2: Add more Rodelle sriracha seasoning and chili flakes for more heat!