This Spiced Vanilla Apple Baked Oatmeal features all of the flavors of fall in a warm, comforting bowl. The Vanilla Bean Maple Cream Cheese Glaze provides the finishing flourish to make your breakfast or brunch memorable and special.
- | Easy
- | 75 mins
- | 8 servings
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Butter a 9x12 baking dish with 1 tablespoon butter.
- In a small bowl, whisk together cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves. Set aside.
- Melt 1 tablespoon butter in a medium pan over medium heat. Add apples, ½ of the spices, 1 tablespoon maple syrup, and lemon juice. Cook, stirring, until apples begin to soften, about 3-5 minutes. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, toss oats with remaining ½ of the spices, baking powder, and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together milk, remaining 1/3 cup maple syrup, egg, and vanilla extract. Set aside. Pour milk mixture over the oats and stir to thoroughly combine. In the prepared baking dish, layer ½ the oats mixture, ½ the apples, and ½ the chopped pecans. Top with another layer of each. Melt remaining 1 tablespoon of butter and drizzle it over the top.
- Bake on the middle rack for 40-45 minutes, until the oatmeal is set and beginning to turn golden brown on top.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, whisk together cream cheese, maple syrup, milk, and vanilla bean paste with a fork until completely smooth.
- Serve baked oatmeal warm with vanilla bean maple cream cheese glaze drizzled over the top.
Spiced Vanilla Apple Baked Oatmeal
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, room temperature, divided
- 1½ teaspoon ground Rodelle Organic Ceylon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground Rodelle Organic Ginger
- Pinch ground cloves
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored, and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/3 cup + 1 tablespoon maple syrup, divided
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2-1/3 cups whole milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2¼ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- 1½ cup chopped toasted pecans, divided
Vanilla Bean Maple Cream Cheese Glaze
- 2 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1½ tablespoons maple syrup
- 1½ tablespoons whole milk
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Paste