Deliciously crispy and chewy on the outside and tender on the inside, these brownie cookies will be a crowd-pleaser! The cookies are rich and decadent, with a fantastic crackly top that makes them stunning. Simple to make, these one-bowl cookies whip up quickly and easily. Essentially, gluten-free brownie cookies are perfect for the entire family. Post bake, the brownies are sprinkled with a generous portion of flaky sea salt.
- 30 mins
- 12 servings
- 2 ¾ cup powdered sugar (335 g)
- ½ cup Rodelle Organic Cocoa Powder (60 g)
- ¼ tsp sea salt (1.5 g)
- 2 large egg whites (58 g)
- 1 whole egg (52.5 g)
- 1 tsp Rodelle Chocolate Extract (2.5 ml)
- 1 tsp flaky sea salt (5.0 g)
- Preheat an oven to 350 F. To prepare the brownie cookies, begin by whisking the cocoa powder, powdered sugar, and salt together. Also, prepare two baking sheets lined with silicone baking mats.
- Add the chocolate extract, egg whites, and whole egg. Use the whisk to combine the mixture. The mixture will look very dry at first, but continue whisking until all the sugar is incorporated and the mixture will turn from powdery to dark chocolate.
- Use a 1 oz cookie scoop to portion the dough. Scoop all the dough onto both sheets (do not let the batter sit). Six cookies will fit on one sheet.
- Bake both sheets trays at the same time for 14-16 minutes until the cookies are cracked and cooked through.
- Sprinkle cookies with flaky sea salt. Allow the cookies to cool on the baking sheets for 3-4 minutes. Carefully remove the cookies onto a cooling rack.
- Do not let the cookie batter sit! Baking both trays of cookies will allow the dough to stay shiny and supple. This will allow for the cookies to properly spread and form a crackly top.