We slightly altered this recipe from Annie Eats. They are the perfect Halloween treat! The trick is, they have some healthy ingredients, the treat is you also get an incredibly delicious recipe!
- | Easy
- | 45 mins
- | 18 servings
DirectionsVanilla Whoopie Pies
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper or silicone baking mats.
- In a large bowl whisk together the flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and spices.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the sugars and oil. Add pumpkin puree to the sugar and oil mixture, and whisk to combine thoroughly.
- Add eggs and Rodelle Vanilla Extract and whisk until combined.
- Sprinkle the flour mixture over the pumpkin mixture and whisk until completely combined.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a large, plain, round tip, pipe small round of the batter onto the baking sheet, about 1 1/2 to 2 inches in diameter. You can use a heaping tablespoon if mixture is too thick for a pastry bag.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes until the cookies are just starting to crack on top and a toothpick inserted into the center of the cookie comes out clean. Remove from the oven and let cookies cool on the pan for about 10 minutes transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Combine the butter and cream cheese in the bowl of an electric mixer. Beat on medium speed until smooth about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add the powdered sugar and the scraped Rodelle Vanilla Bean seeds and beat until smooth.
- Spread the filling on the bottom of one cookie and top it off with a second cookie.
Vanilla Whoopie Pies
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground ginger from Rodelle Gourmet Baking Set
- 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg from Rodelle Gourmet Baking Set
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 cup dark brown cane sugar, firmly packed
- 1 cup canola oil
- 3 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
Vanilla Bean Cream Cheese Filling
- 3 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
- 8 ounces cream cheese, cold
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped