These scones are so deliciously unique because the pumpkin and vanilla flavors combine seamlessly and are not overpowered by traditional spices usually found in recipes featuring pumpkin.
- 45 mins
- 8 servings
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 5 tbsp cane sugar
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp baking powder (high altitude 2 ½ tsp)
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup cold unsalted butter, thinly sliced
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 3/4 cup whole milk
- 2 Rodelle Vanilla Beans, split and scraped
- 2 tbsp Rodelle Cinnamon Sugar (optional)
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp whole milk
- 1 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg from Rodelle Baking Set
- Pinch of ginger from Rodelle Baking Set
- Pinch of ground cloves
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, cane sugar, baking powder, and salt. Arrange the butter on top so the slices don’t overlap and cut through the mixture with a pastry cutter until the butter is about the size of peas.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, milk and scraped Rodelle Vanilla Bean seeds.
- Stir into the flour mixture just long enough to absorb the milk and any loose flour.
- Add a tbsp or so of milk if mixture still has loose flour. Make a rough ball shape in the bowl.
- Dump the ball of dough onto a lightly floured work surface. Using your hands, flatten the dough into a disk shape. It may be necessary to knead it a little to get it to hold together, but don’t knead more than necessary. It should be a loose, shaggy mass.
- Roll it out into a ¾-inch-thick disk.
- Cut disk into 8 wedges and arrange them on a baking sheet. If desired, sprinkle tops of scones with the Rodelle Cinnamon Sugar.
- TURN DOWN THE OVEN temp to 350°F.
- Bake for about 30 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes before glazing.
- Whisk together the glaze ingredients.
- Drizzle on top of scones.
Other pumpkin recipes you may enjoy: Pumpkin Pop Tarts, Pumpkin and Vanilla Bean Creme Brulee, Vanilla Pumpkin Whoopie Pies, and wet your whistle with this Pumpkin Spiced Mulled Wine!