The addition of Rodelle Vanilla Extract gives these traditional holiday treats a warm and inviting gourmet twist.
- | Medium
- | 150 mins
- | 10 servings
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment.
- Cream the sugar and butter in the bowl of a mixer fitted with a flat paddle. Beat until light, approx. 5 minutes at medium speed.
- Add the eggs to the creamed mixture one at a time.
- Add the Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract. Add molasses.
- In a separate bowl, stir the dry ingredients together.
- Add to the creamed mixture. Mix until smooth.
- Divide the dough into two portions and flatten on parchment or wax paper, top with another piece of paper and refrigerate for one or more hours.
- Once the dough has chilled, roll it out on a flat, floured surface to about ¼ inch thickness.
- Cut to desired shapes.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cool and decorate with frosting, candy, and sprinkles.
- 3 sticks unsalted butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup molasses
- 1 tsp Rodelle Gourmet Vanilla Extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground cloves
- 2 tsp ginger
- 5 cups all-purpose flour