Wake up to the divine flavor of cinnamon and vanilla in only 90 minutes. Not only that, but we glazed our rolls to give them an over-the-top gooeyness factor.
- 90 mins
- 12 servings
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 ¼ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 .25-ounce package instant yeast
- ¼ cup sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup water
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
OPTIONAL Vanilla Bean Glaze:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons milk
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, scraped
- After dough has risen, preheat oven to 375°F and lightly grease 12 muffin cups.
- Heat milk in a small saucepan until it bubbles. Remove from heat and add butter. Stir until melted and cool until lukewarm.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 ¼ cups flour, yeast, sugar, and salt.
- Mix well. Add the water, egg, orange peel, Rodelle Vanilla Extract, and then the milk mixture. Beat until well combined. Add the remaining flour, ½ cup at a time, stirring after each addition.
- When the dough has just pulled together, turn out onto a lightly floured surface and kneed until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Cover the dough with a damp cloth and let rest for 10 minutes.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. When the butter has melted and the mixture is bubbling, turn the heat down and continue stirring until the mixture smells like butterscotch, about 5 minutes.
- Punch the dough down gently and roll into a 12x9 inch rectangle.
- Spread the dough with the butter/cinnamon mixture, leaving about a ½ inch border.
- Roll up the dough pinching the seam to seal. Cut the log into 12 rolls. Place cut side up into the muffin cups.
- Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until browned. Remove from muffin cups and let cool slightly before icing and serving.