Nothing is more satisfying than the rich taste of homemade applesauce! Vanilla beans are the perfect ingredient to unify the sweet, crisp, and the tart flavors of apples for the perfect fall recipe!
- | 60 mins
- | 4 servings
- Bring water to a boil in a 3 quart stock pot. Add salt and apples.
- Bring back to boil; reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Blend the scraped Rodelle Vanilla Bean seeds (and vanilla extract if you want) into the cane sugar.
- Add both sugars to the apples and stir to combine.
- Simmer uncovered for 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and smash with a masher to desired consistency (we like ours a bit chunky).
- Return to heat and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Let the applesauce cool before transferring to storage containers.
- Refrigerate covered for up to 1 week.