These Vanilla Apple Streusel Cupcakes are so simple to make. Not to mention, they really are the perfect combination of spices to enhance the delicious apple flavor! Great fall recipe!
- 40 mins
- 12 servings
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg from the Rodelle Gourmet Baking Set
- ½ cup softened butter
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups peeled, cored, diced apples
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tbsp flour
- 1 Rodelle Vanilla Bean, split and scraped
- 2 tbsp room temperature butter
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease a muffin tin or line with cupcake papers.
- Sift (or whisk) flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon into a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl (or mixer), beat together butter, cane sugar, eggs, and Rodelle Vanilla Extract until smooth.
- Mix in apples and sifted flour mixture.
- Spoon the batter into the muffin tin, filling to about ¾ full.
- In a small bowl, mix the brown sugar, flour, and Rodele Vanilla Bean, scraped seeds. Cut in the room temperature butter until it looks well mixed and crumbly.
- Sprinkle evenly over the tops of the muffins.
- Bake for about 18 to 20 minutes OR until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean.
- Cool before serving.