Recipe created by our 2013 Scrumptious Spring Sweepstakes winner Laura Davis!
- 80 mins
- 4 servings
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour, divided
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 3 Tb. lemon juice, divided
- 8 oz. plain or vanilla, Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup buttermilk or milk
- 1 tsp Rodelle Vanilla Extract
- 12 oz. fresh strawberries, diced
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Grease and flour a 10 inch Bundt pan (10-15 cup pan.) Sift together the 2 ¼ cups of flour, baking soda and salt. Mix in the lemon zest and set aside.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then stir in 1 Tb. lemon juice. Alternate beating in the flour mixture and the yogurt, mixing just until incorporated. Add the buttermilk and the Rodelle Vanilla Extract, and mix until combined.
- Toss the strawberries with the remaining ¼ cup of flour. Gently mix them into the batter.
- Pour the batter into the Bundt pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Allow to cool at least 20 minutes in the pan, then turn out onto a wire rack and cool completely.
- Once cooled whisk together the remaining 2 Tb. of lemon juice and the powdered sugar.
- Drizzle over the top of the cake.