We’ve added a little zest to the classic corn bread recipe. Our Sriracha Seasoning adds an incredible rich flavor, which we balanced out with honey, and then baked in an iron skillet!
- 45 mins
- 7 servings
- 2 tbsp shortening
- 1½ cups yellow corn meal
- 1½ tsp baking powder
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp Rodelle Sriracha Asian Seasoning
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 egg
- 1¼ cups buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Put shortening into cast iron skillet and heat over medium heat until melted and hot, about 2 minutes. Turn off the heat.
- In a medium bowl mix the corn meal, baking powder, flour, salt, Rodelle Sriracha Asian Seasoning, and honey together.
- Beat the egg into the buttermilk and add to the corn meal/flour mixture.
- Stir until just combined. If it is too dry, add a tbsp or two of the buttermilk.
- Pour the batter into the skillet.
- Bake for about 30 minutes and until the sides have pulled away from the pan, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Serve hot or warm.