This incredible recipe was our 2013 Great American Ice Cream Challenge Grand Price Winner! It is the perfect combination of flavors that really bring the ice cream to life!
- | Easy
- | 8 servings
- In a small bowl, combine 4 cups peaches, lemon juice and 2 tbsp sugar.
- Stir gently and allow the peaches to sit at room temperature for about 30 minutes.
- Strain the peaches, reserving the juices.
- In a blender or food processor, puree the drained peaches until almost smooth.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine milk and remaining sugars. Mix with a hand blender until sugars are dissolved, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in heavy cream, reserved peach juice, peach puree, Rodelle Vanilla Bean scrapings, and almond extract.
- Place mixture in your ice cream maker and churn according to your manufacturers directions for ice cream.
- Five minutes before the ice cream is finished, dice the remaining 1/2 cup peaches and add them to your mixture, along with the candied ginger.
- Allow machine to fold them in completely.
- Add chopped almonds in the last minute of churning.
- The ice cream at this point will be soft-serve consistency.
- For a firmer ice cream, put ice-cream in a freezer safe container and freeze for at least two hours.
- Ice cream will keep in your freezer for about a week.
- 4 1/2 cups sliced peaches, separated
- 3 tbsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 1/4 cups heavy cream
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 cup, plus 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 whole Rodelle Vanilla Bean, sliced in half and scraped
- 1/8 tsp almond extract
- 2 tbsp diced candied ginger
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds